It is simple to be happy but it is really difficult to be simple. Right since childhood, we mar our happiness with our own thoughts and wants and keep searching for happiness. When our mind is happy, we can see beauty in our surroundings. If we are unhappy, we see dark clouds everywhere.
What is happiness though? Happiness is a positive and pleasant emotion ranging from satisfaction to immense joy. More often than not, it is triggered by outer circumstances like a compliment, winning / achieving something, beautiful surroundings. If happiness is triggered by outer circumstances, it usually is fleeting because as soon as the circumstances change, it will affect our mood as well.
So how can we make ourselves permanently happy? Let’s have a look at some tips that will help / guide you:
- Change the way you look at things – Look at the bright side – Train your mind to not delve into negative thoughts
- Be Solution centric rather than problem centric – If you focus on problems – your mind is bound – Free your mind – Remember, every problem, is an opportunity in disguise – this is my mantra for life – I remember when I was diagnosed as diabetic & I was having a session with a dietician. She was sorry that I got it at such a young age. I told her this was a chance for me to take care of my physical health which I was ignoring for so long!
- Music is one of the best things to uplift your mood – Make a playlist of songs that you love – I usually cheer up when I listen to peppy music
- Watch funny movies / shows / cartoons
- Meditate everyday
- Read something inspirational everyday
- Count your blessings – We always get lost in the thoughts of what we don’t have and take for granted what we do have – Practice Gratitude everyday
- Make a practical to do list – Striking even one off the list gives a sense of accomplishment
- Be kind to others – Help just because you want to & not because you will get something in return
- Pamper yourself, treat yourself. Take care of yourself. Do one thing everyday that you love. Don’t get caught in the web of busyness. Making time for yourself is very important
- Spend more time with happy and positive people
- Don’t whine – It makes others unhappy
- Chant 21 times – I choose to be happy
- Say your favourite word once a day
- SMILE – For no reason
Doable, isn’t it?
Be Happy, Stay Happy!