Mung ki daal (Green, split) is such a multi tasker! It can be used to make daal, It can be combined with rice to make khichadi, it can be used to make pakode & also the ever healthy snack mung ki daal ka chilla!
After Rabdi, my dad loves the mung ki daal ke pakode I make. It is easy & fast to cook. Except that it requires 8 hours of soaking daal.
You can make it even on weekdays to spice up your day!
How to make the yummy pakodas:
1. Soak one cup moong daal (Enough for 2 people) overnight / 8 hours.
2. Remove water from the soaked daal, put it in a blender, add 2-3 green chillies, salt as per taste and grind into a smooth paste. You can add red chilli powder to the batter instead of green chillies. I use this trick for emergencies. Add half a tsp of black pepper powder for that extra zing!
3. Make small balls of batter with your fingers and push them into the frying pan with the help of your thumb.
4. Fry them till golden brown on medium high flame. Pro Tip: If you cook them on high flame, chances are they will remain raw from inside & crispy outside.
5. Yummy pakodas ready to be served. ^_^
These are amazing to have with Hot tea. These can also be used to make Dahi Wada. You can serve ketchup or tamarind chutney on side or eat them just like that as the pakodas are moist enough.
So what are you thinking? Make this pakodas and give delightful surprise to your family / friends 😀