Come 1st January & the air is full with new year wishes, party spirit & wait for it – New Year Resolutions!!!
Though cynics try to mar the spirit by saying that why wait for new year? If you want to better your life, any day is good. These are the ones who say why celebrate special days they are as good as any other day. But I believe that beginning of new year symbolises turning a new leaf & is a great day to start something new in your life.
And whether you start improving your life today or on Monday or Birthday or on the 1st day of new year, sticking to your resolution is directly proportional to how committed you are & you need to be like Salman Khan (Ek baar maine commitment kardi to main khud ki bhi nahin sunta) 😉
I too have resolved to improve my life year after year. Sometime I succeed in keeping the resolutions & sometimes I just be lazy. This year I have decided to be more committed towards me. Instead of crying / whining / ranting, I will actually do something worthwhile with my life!
1. Get the damn passport: Since the new procedure is applying directly & I am sure to get a passport photo which looks like my Aadhar card photo, I will no longer delay it waiting to get a nice picture of myself.
2. Read / Write more: Being busy at work & with twitter I have ignored my reading & also my commitment to write regularly. This year it will be different! I will read atleast one book a week & write one post weekly. Weekends won’t be spent sleeping but trying to achieve the dream of getting atleast one book published ^_^
3. Be Fit & not Fat: Since 2011 I have been more conscious towards eating healthy & walking regularly (That’s the only exercise I can do happily. Gym is not my cup of coffee 😛 ) But post break-up there had been a slide in the good habits & moving to this new location for work ain’t helping it. But enough of the excuses. Have to be fit & non flabby. And I CAN DO IT!!
4. Dancing: I love to see people dance. And I love to dance too but when you haven’t even shaken a leg even at a wedding (or in my case played Garba) you only end up bobbing your head. I would love to have formal lessons to shake off my inhibition & also see that I don’t have any left feet. Fulfilling Resolution Number 3 will ensure I am not crashing any dance floors in the process 😉
5. Baking: Enough of drooling over the baked stuff in stores & on tv. Time to make people drool for a change. What better than cup cakes? (I would love to say me but then it’s not possible atleast in this life time so..)
6. Spend Less Save More: Lately I have been spending too much money on auto & food. Since I will be walking more & eating healthy, this will take care of itself Win Win 😀
7. Take it easy: Lately I have been feeling lonely & unappreciated by the people I love. But this has been only adding to my stress & affecting my heart. And I don’t want to be grumpy. Grumpy people can’t spread happiness, can they? So last but not the least – Stop thinking too much, take short trips in & around the city, inhale fresh air & BE HAPPY
What about you guys? Joining in? 🙂 🙂 🙂