We have all seen the Tropicana Ad on TV – Breakfast Ya Office!! Though we may scoff what is the use of working so hard, if we don’t even get the time to eat breakfast, the most important meal of the day, it is the sad reality of life. Most of the times there would not be time to prepare an elaborate breakfast / we simple wouldn’t have the time to eat peacefully.
On weekdays, we would contain ourselves by gulping hot tea with biscuits / bread-butter or similar such items.
But Sunday is a different story. There is no rush to catch a train. There is ample time to eat breakfast like a king, with dozens of cups of tea / a large mug of coffee 😀
Indians have a rich diversity when it comes to food. Every region has their specific choices in breakfast. However, some food items are universal & loved by almost everyone. Here’s the list of bliss:
1. Kanda Poha: The most humble of the dish, prepared by roasting rice flakes & enriched with fried onions & peanuts. Have this with hot ginger tea.
2. Upma: A roasted Semolina delicacy, simple to make, great in taste. Should be followed with yummy Filter Coffee <3
3. Idli Chutney: Fluffy like Clouds or Tiny Moons these Rice Cakes just melt in the mouth! Coffee is the best accompaniment 🙂
4. Omelette: For the Non-Vegeterians, Sunday wouldn’t be complete with delicious Omelettes! 🙂
5. Fafda – Jalebi: And Last, but not the Least, the King of Sunday Breakfast, sweet Jalebis with Savoury Fafda Gathiyas make a perfect combination!!!
Enjoy your breakfast!!! 😀 😀 😀
Disclaimer: All Images are taken from Google.